Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

My dollhouse :)

"Sentimental value is a value placed on something because of its emotional associations rather than its monetary worth"
I bet each of us (well, maybe not each of us but most of us) have something, a real thing associated with their sentimental values. It can be for lots of thing.. Books, cars, action figures, handbags, shoes or may be dresses. For me, My dollhouses are one of the things I kept which it has many sentimental value. Some might say "kelakar" because umur dah lebih 20 tahun still simpan benda2 mengarut ni. Hm..let me prove you wrong.. I used to have a neighbour back then when I'm staying in Ipoh. He loves to play this remote control helicopter during his spare time. Well, he is a father to 3 children and his eldest daughter is 1 year younger than me. In fact, as I travel a lot, I sees a lot of grown ups love to play it as well. They even have the whole set. Adakah umur menjadi penghalang??? Nope! In fact its a great thing because you know what you like to do and you do have a clear view of what your hobbies are.
Another example, selalu dengar people love to keep baseball cards and action figures such as batman, superman and ironman?..Try to think a little bit forward where when you grew old, at least you do have something to look back at. Something to share with your children and grandchildren. By that time, the value of those thing are increasing. (Maybe not all monetarily but emotionally)
Besides that I still remember my ex bf used to asked me to buy him this submarine with camera embedded inside it..well, he was 24 that time for your information. (Mcm kanak2 hingusan??? nope I never think that way. Its just a hobby or something that you like). Sometimes I pelik because there are some people yang selalu tgk diri dia "matang" sangat.. (maybe the way thay were being raise is different but what the heck kn?? I LOVE THE WAY I WAS BEING RAISE. My parents let us enjoy our childhood perfectly.hehehe) But still, Please.. try to reduce your ethnocentrism value in yourself and sees people from their shoes for a while.
So, enjoy the pictures of my precious dollhouses :)
My first doolhouse. Actually it is a school house. I get it as a present from my parents for my achievement during the final exam. Love to make them proud.

My second doll house. The smallest one. At one point I just love to collect it.

I bought this for my 14th birthday. It was the biggest one so far. Too old for it? hahaha..nope..kalau dh minat you will do anything to have it.


I bought this because I just love it.

Till we meet again. Thank you for stopping by.
With Love,
Mia Nur

1 comment: